Saturday, February 2, 2008

Man Up!

My husband is a deep sleeper. He is a sleeper of the deepest kind. He is as close to being dead, but still breathing there is. I actually think he goes so far under, you could perform wisdom tooth extraction and he would happily doze.

It doesn't cause too many concerns but I worry some. I worry when I think what would happen in the case of a home invasion robbery. It would be up to me to defend the family, while Sleeping Beauty dreams. The other concern I have is when I leave for work at 0400 and he is the parent in charge.

This is why Kyler and I are exploring some, shall we say, unusual ideas.

We have decided either a shock collar or a Tazer are options on the table. We don't want to be cruel, but we feel in emergent cases, when we need to rouse Dustin quickly, these would be the most effective tools. Dustin doesn't so much hate the idea, as he is afraid of the idea. He thinks it might permanently disable him or cause some lasting neurological affect. He thinks it might hurt. I'm not buying that excuse.

The police use them. We use them on dogs. In most cases, it's not likely you would DIE from it. I say MAN UP! A little jolt; a little tingle around the neck. And really, he would be asleep for the entire first part of it.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Come on Dustin! A little sting is not so bad. But if he is worried perhaps you might suggest a bull horn?

Jenny and Jon said...

Hilarious....once agian! I don't think that is such a bad idea. Jon is also a deep sleeper and alarm clocks don't always wake him up, most of the time I do. I've often wondered how I could wake him up when I'm not home, and I think a remote shock collar would do the trick. Good ideas!

Heather Childs aka Habbs said...

I know someone who was tazed 5 times, and he is still alive! He doesn't even really remember it much! (Granted, he was on drugs at the time)... Maybe it won't hurt, maybe it will be feel like a soft little tap! :)

virginiaoak said...

To Shannon-my blog stalker. I hear you've been dreaming about me. I laughed my head off when Anna told me that. Hilarious. This blogging world can really become an obsession, right? I love it. You're so funny. Love the tazer idea. Totally brilliant. Your husband can consider his sleep his anesthesia for whatever tricks you have up your sleeve. ;) Signed-your newest blog fan. Take care.
Sarah

pinklover said...

Anna,

You told Sarah I am a blog stalker??? And I dream about her blog?? I believe I will get even. :)
Shannon

Tamara Jacobs said...

Okay! Todd is the exact same way with sleeping. Sometimes I think he is dead, but he is just sleeping away. I was sick one night, so he was in charge of getting up with Preslee, so he had to sleep right by her door in order to hear her. HA! I might try the tazer method too!

Anna said...

I tagged you Shan. Check my blog for details. love you!!