Saturday, January 26, 2008

Afros' Belong On Your Head



Laser hair removal. Some need it, others abuse it.

I believe, overall, humans have a love hate relationship with hair. Men pay for hair plugs to be shoved into their scalp, mourn fallen hair on the pillow and resort to comb overs as camouflage, while women wax, shave and pluck hair from their bodies to be rid of the ugly strays.
This younger generation of men, are also unnaturally concerned with their nether regions and have taken up the task of shaving legs and "man-scaping" their privates. (For the record,I do not approve.)

The "Brazilian" , which balds your privates, is no longer for strippers only. Regular house wifes, college students and business men are all signing up for that "bald as a bowling ball" look. An obvious abuse of the laser invention!

Let's face it, some people should be court ordered to have laser hair removal; others are needlessly burning every last hair follicle they can.

My first case in point is a friend I'll call Amber. Amber has this idea that when she wears her hair in a pony tail, the back of her neck looks manly and hair-ish. Because of this, she is forking out the big bucks to have the back of her neck tidied up. Who actually studies that back of their own neck?? And why would you think wispy hairs at the nape of your neck are manly? A clear abuse of the laser!

Now on the other hand.....
My sister-in law(Neva), her Grandmother and Aunt decided to go swimming at the family recreation center. While Neva and Grandma quickly changed into their suits and got into the pool, dear Auntie lingered behind. Neva and Grandma were frolicking in the pool when Auntie emerged from the locker room, thus giving them a perfect eagle's eye view of Aunties bikini line. To Neva and Grandmas horrification, Auntie had apparently never heard of a razer and had no problem letting her hair whip in the wind. If you still do not have the visual.....it was like an afro of the crotch, with a ball cap shoved on top. Bushy, thick and only a small hat trying to smash that mess down. Clearly, dear Auntie was in desperate need of the laser treatment!

In cases where the public suffers, something must be done. I believe a charity should be started and money donated to help. We must open free laser clinics! "Operation Pubic hair" is needed around the world . (I had to) The slogan should be..."Afros' Belong On Your Head".

And in cases of abuse....a twelve step program ,where Amber could get the help she needs.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, this "Amber girl" hmmm what to say about her. I think that she has a friend (lets call her Shannon) who will not be receiving FREE laser hair removal service from her when she graduates from nursing school and works at the laser hair removal clinic....

Heather Childs aka Habbs said...

Oh my goodness!! I laughed SOOO hard when I read this posting!! Because I was there when Amber disclosed her neck removal!! My favorite part is the story about the 'Afro with a baseball cap on!' I remember the first time that I heard that story!! That is definitely a story I will never forget!! Shannon, I miss you!!! I miss working with you so much! Why can't CW come back into existence, and we can go back to how it was? :( oh well..
Love ya!! XOXOXOXO

ursula00 said...

Please tell me someone said something to Auntie. That just makes everyone uncomfortable. My my my. Perhaps we could email Oprah and she could start the "Oprah's Pubic Angels" program. I think Oprah would respond emphatically. She knows from personal experience how unruly those afros can be!

pinklover said...

I should give her your wax lady's name! You do like it clean....