Thursday, January 10, 2008

What Have I done?

Have you ever done something and the next day thought, "What have I done"?

Actually, I know most everyone has done that exact thing... but when they were in their teens or twenties. At almost forty, you are supposed to know what you are doing. You should be in control of your actions and most definitely in control of your life. So why, I ask myself, am I sitting here thinking..."Oh no, what have I done"?

I was like the virgin on prom night. My date wanted to 'do it', and I couldn't stand the PRESSURE. The peer pressure. I caved in. I put out. I gave it away. And now I am left thinking..Yikes! What did I just do?

Ok, so here it is.
I applied for a terribly involved job, that has driven the last two people to the brink of insanity.

So back to the virgin analogy. Now I am wondering if I am pregnant. In other words, did I get the job??
Ok, so if I am pregnant, do I keep it? I don't really want it. Is it possible to give the job offer up for adoption? I mean, I did the deed, I was the one who put out, so am I really stuck with the consequences? Can I, at this point, exercise my right to choose and..... abort? (That was a bit graphic, sorry).

I am just saying, at my age, I should have know better. I just got caught up in the moment; the excitement of...A NEW JOB. And now here I sit, wondering, what are my parents going to say, and why was I such a tramp?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you really put out on prom night?

pinklover said...

Who didn't? ;}

ursula00 said...

Shanny, I heard it has come true. Is this so??

Tamara Jacobs said...

Shannon...take that baby, change those diapers, and wipe that cute little bum.

You'll be a great mom!

love todd

Jenny and Jon said...

Shannon, did you take the job that I think you took? I think it might be too late to abort...I think that you will be great! Everyone loves you.

Jenny

pinklover said...

It is definitely too late. Thanks for the encouragement! See you there, I hope.
xoxo
Shannon